Galway Water have a focus. water softener, and water filters. Also reverse osmosis and ultraviolet. We excel at well water treatment. Clack water treatment and Clack water softeners. Aquaphor water filters. (Aquaphor.ie ) See pdf files to right.
We are the main Clack full range distributors in Ireland. For Clack water treatment products and water softeners. We are also Europe's highest ranked WQA Certified Water Specialists. Specialist in well water treatment. Water treatment grants €2,031 (to private well owners with property over 7 yrs old.)
Galway Water know Clack water softeners inside out. We deal direct with Clack. With regular training visits to the Clack Wisconsin plant. This allows us to be the key Irish Clack supplier to many Clack water treatment dealers in Ireland.
Clack water softeners and Aquaphor reverse osmosis are a great combo. We use INAB water testing. This allows for best water softener and water treatment systems for wells. Our water treatment systems last longer. With lowest running costs.
Water softeners start from €299. Reverse osmosis from €99. Ultraviolet €199. Best value in Ireland. Clack water softeners are known as the most advanced. Best specified and reliable. No water softeners come close to Clack water softeners.
water softener systems
Browse our website for info on water treatment, water softeners and water filters. Ask for a free survey. We offer a friendly individual local service in Galway. With top level water treatment. NSF Certified designed to last 30 to 40 years.
Clack water softeners are best for quality. Also reliability and performance. For purchase, operating and service costs, Clack cost less. With our water softener warranty no annual service costs are required. Clack water softeners use 2 to 6 bags salt per year. Old timer water softeners use 12 to 20 bags per year.
Also water treatment for iron and manganese. Sulphur and odours. Colour and tannins. Also pH, lead and bacteria. Systems for private wells. Rain water harvesting tanks. For rivers, lakes, springs and mains water. Corrected within EU Directives / EPA limits by water experts. We specialise in accurate water testing. Required for well water. To quantify exactly how water needs to be treated. For the minimum equipment needed. Professional installation. Exact commissioning. Follow up for performance expected.
See for example the issue of Langelier Saturation Index. See "water test " section in the left hand side bar of this home page.
Galway Water locate water softeners in practical locations. Also water filters and reverse osmosis. And ultraviolet and whole house water treatment systems. We offer out door housings. Water softeners will descale hard lime from pipes. Clack water softeners are fine for use with sceptic tanks. Zero salt to household supply. For well water treatment it is best to use ultraviolet. This allows bacterial disinfection.
Use a Clack water softener with Aquaphor reverse osmosis. For ultimate filtration. Ultraviolet is optional for mains water but ideal for private wells. A water softener targets all household water - toilets, baths, showers, to rid limescale. Reverse osmosis filters are best for drinking water. Aquaphor reverse osmosis systems have 5 year warranties. All pressure, none electric. Lowest water use. Highest water filtration. Longest life and reliability. With added ultrafiltration. For belt and braces perfect drinking water. See pdf files to upper right.
Drinking water filters save on bottled water. Seen as ecologically harmful. Costing 100's of times more than filtered water. (Of equal or better quality.) Our reverse osmosis water filter systems provide minerals similar to Volvic brand water. Pricing for an Aquaphor system and 10 years service costs ? Same as one year of bottled water costs.
We follow Water Quality Association ethics of honesty, integrity, fair dealing and professionalism. Galway Water are the highest ranking WQA Certified Water Specialists - VI in Europe, the first WQA Certified Installers in Europe
See PDF brochure for Clack water softener systems. Water filters. Reverse osmosis systems. Ultraviolet disinfection. Private well and general water treatment. Or telephone 1890 222 000 - we will quote a price for water treatment systems over the phone.
WQA Gold Seal : http://www.wqa.org/goldseal/movie/wqa_wb/index.html
customer orientated service
Galway Water provide the highest quality of service in Ireland. We answer calls during weekdays and weekends. We provide same day callouts for urgent service matters. Also arrange visits at a time that suits you. Open 8am to 8pm including weekends for surveys and service.
value for money expert service
Galway Water set the benchmark for water treatment. Using Clack water softeners. Aquaphor reverse osmosis and water filters. Watergroup ultraviolet lamps. Using expert knowledge. Unbeatable warranties. Best aftersales care. And lowest service fees. No salesmen or commissions. No contracts or deposits.
The majority of our water softener, reverse osmosis water systems, water filters, ultraviolet sterilisers and well water filter sales are gained by client recommendation.
Quality Service Guidelines:
1) All quotes are guaranteed to be beaten. And we offer better products.
2) We are the largest direct importers. For top level water NSF products.
3) Best quality US / Euro brands. All brands are NSF and WQA Gold Seal.
4) WQA Certified Water Specialists. The highest ranked in Europe CWS VI
5) Best equipped vans in Ireland. Highest quality installations guaranteed.
6) No salesmen. No commissions. No contracts. No deposits requested.
7) Best warranty terms available. With excellent after sales support service.
8) The lowest system service costs. With a clear transparent pricing policy.
9) One year money back warranty. Also lifetime run on warranties available.
10) Service 8am to 8pm Monday to Sunday. With 365 - same day call outs.
Council grants are available - 2,031 euros or 75% of equipment cost, also water filter systems have reduced in cost by 30% since 2008 in Ireland, so value for money has peaked.
When specifying water treatment systems we take account of water flow, water pressure and water chemistry, being careful to factor in possible negative langelier or other minor aesthetic issues. Low langelier acts similar to low pH acidity where copper pipes may yield green or bluish stains on baths, sinks (or blond hair!), even if pH is neutral. Seasonal temperature swings can affect langelier.
Wilkes University : http://www.water-research.net/corrosion.htm
Our areas of expertise are water softening and private well water treatment. We identify water aesthetics affected by heavy rainfall like organic tannins which give a light tint to water. This is cured by activated carbon, or if heavier the use of anion resins. Some waters have excessive levels of sediments even after water softening so pre sediment filtration may be required. Few wells have a serious grit problem. For these, large screen mesh filters or backwash water filters are used.
Tannin derived organic colour, limescale hardness and turbidity have no potability issues, but need to be removed prior to UV (ultraviolet). If organics/ tannins are combined with chlorine they can produce harmful THMs. Effective well water treatment should include hardness, colour and turbidity correction.
Lead and arsenic are heavy metals which are toxic in low levels. They can be odourless, colourless and tasteless in higher levels. Iron is not so visible or toxic in the low parts per billion range. Above 200ppb it causes brown sludge. Over 1 part per million is excessive, though not as toxic compared to lead and arsenic.
Tannin colour has no real health issues but can cause yellow or brown tints and have an odd taste. Water hardness as mineral scale only becomes a nuisance from 100ppm and is serious at 400ppm for pipework and water heaters. There is no health reference value given to it at any level.
Sodium in tap water is limited to 200 ppm. Bottled waters can contain ten times this level, without control or restriction. Fresh well water or spring water may be assumed safe to drink. Without testing well water you may be drinking hard to detect heavy metals above safe limits which may be carcenogenic or harmful to the nervous system.
Compare lead or arsenic levels to sodium. Sodium can have a risk of blood pressure variations for some people. However if lead or arsenic was 100 times or 1000 times its safe level, there would be a risk of high toxicity and irreversible nervous system damage.
Galway Water import the widest range of water softener, water treatment and water filter systems into Ireland from the U.S. We offer best Irish water treatment products. Also best value for money in Ireland for correction of limescale hardness, well water and drinking water.
Smaller, low spec. water softeners are no match for large sized systems. See our news clip on mini cabinet water softeners. Single water filter cartridges are used mainly for basic drinking water filtering. Or as a pre-filter to ultraviolet systems. High spec. water filter systems use a variety of water treatment technologies.
Our water softeners, reverse osmosis, water filters, water treatment and ultraviolet sterilizers offer the best value for money in Ireland.
Mineral water, is water that has from 250 ppm of dissolved solids. Spring waters have low mineral content from 0 to 250 ppm. By definition, mineral water is impure. Pure water is just H2O molecules without colour, taste or odour. Minerals can mask the taste of other toxins that are not so desirable to the human body.
We need some trace minerals to maintain health. Organic trace minerals found in food are abundant. Most diets offer all the minerals we require. Spring waters may have no minerals. Bottled waters can also fail EU Drinking (tap) Water Directives by high margins. EU drinking water limits do not apply to bottled waters. See MineralWaters.Org
We often develop a belief that we can take simple actions to improve our health. By drinking some mineral waters with high levels of trace elements, we can be taking a significant risk. We may have no idea of the identity of the dissolved impurities. Also all too often bottled waters fail simple microbiological testing.
Pure water should have no taste. To add flavour we often add fruit syrups and sugars at levels from 10%. Bottled water minerals often exist at 0% to 0.05%. At these levels taste is insignificant. Also minerals derive from mineral rocks which have little or no taste.
Water has no calories, vitamins or reliable nutrition. It is more a question of avoiding bad tastes and impurities. Not so much whether taste masking minerals are present. When water enters the body it then takes on its intended job of acting as a nutrient transport medium for the minerals provided by food.
A safer, more cost effective approach to drinking water is to drink filtered water. You'll be drinking a purer, healthier water. Without taste or odour causing toxins. Without ingesting dissolved toxins of an unknown origin.
What is water softening?
Water softening is the removal of calcium and a few other minerals that can cause our working water to damage household property (99% of the domestic household water used for toilets, baths, showers, washing machines, heating system etc). When it deposits as scale, calcium carbonate (limestone) is an abrasive rock like mineral.
Why soften your water?
Calcium that is dissolved in water forms deposits that:
* Abrade and fray the threads in clothing
* Stick to clothing and other household products and appliances (You can feel the difference between towels that are new and those that have been repeatedly laundered in hard water. Those laundered in hard water ones are rough, the result of rock encrustations embedded in the fibers.)
* Spot dishes, faucets, sinks, toilets, cars, in fact all surfaces, with a microscopic film of limestone.
* Deposits buildup inside water pipes, heaters, and bathroom and kitchen fixtures.
* Gas water heaters used 29% less energy to heat water and electric water heaters used 21% less energy when operated on softened water according to a study done by New Mexico State University. See the latest study : the Battelle Memorial Institute water hardness study.
How can water be softened?
* Presently there is only one practical, and cost effective way for homeowners to soften their water and that is through an ion exchange water softener, including portable exchange devices. Briefly here is how it works:
Ion exchange water softeners are filled with millions of tiny resin beads that attract and hold on to calcium. As the water passes through this resin "bed" the calcium is removed so it cannot harm your household goods.
* What happens when the resin beads are full of calcium?
The resin bed is rinsed with dissolved salt, usually table salt. The dissolved salt scours the calcium from the beads which prepares them to remove more calcium. This rinsing process takes place every few thousand litres of metered water flow over a week or so, then a point at the end of the softening cycle is chosen by meter systems to wash, usually at 2am on a chosen night.
Are there other alternatives that remove calcium from the water?
* Not that we are aware of at this time. Some other technologies can remove calcium but at a very high cost in energy or wasted water. Ion exchange water softening is the most cost efficient method to remove calcium.
I've heard of other "salt free" devices that are offered as alternatives. What are they and what do they do?
* First of all, you need to talk to the manufacturer of these devices and see what facts or data they claim.
* Consumer protection laws are clear. Manufacturers must have scientific test data to back up their claims for their particular product.
* Since no testing standard exists in the US for these devices the WQA have not tested nor certified these products. (More on testing and certification below)
* We understand that there are products that are marketed as scale control devices.
* Scale is the rock like mineral deposit (limestone) made up of calcium carbonate that forms inside water heaters, pipes, and fixtures over a period of time.
* Scale control devices can have the ability under certain circumstances to help reduce the amount of scaling inside these pipes and fixtures.
* To our knowledge these scale control devices do not claim to remove calcium or produce soft water.
* Controlling scale inside pipes, water heaters, and fixtures is an important benefit but it is only a partial benefit.
What is product certification?
* Product certification is usually referred to as Conformity Assessment. This term is used to describe steps taken by both manufacturers and independent third parties to determine fulfillment of standards requirements. It involves testing products in a laboratory according to a standard procedure and it also involves periodic audit inspections of the manufacturing facility to insure that the product that was tested conforms to the ones currently being manufactured. The Water Quality Association is an organization that is certified by the American National Standards Institute for conformity assessment.
What is the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and what is its role?
* The American National Standards Institute (ANSI) has served in its capacity as administrator and coordinator of the United States private sector voluntary standardization system for more than 90 years.
* The Institute recognizes the competence of bodies to carry out product or personnel certification in accordance with requirements defined in International Standards. ANSI’s accreditation programs operate in accordance with international guidelines and have been verified by government and peer review assessments.
* ANSI’s program for accrediting third‐party product certification have experienced significant growth in recent years, and the Institute continues its efforts to obtain worldwide acceptance of accredited certifications performed in the U.S.
* One of the best indicators of the strength of the U.S. system is the government’s extensive reliance on, and use of, private sector voluntary standards. Pursuant to OMB Circular A119, federal government agencies are required to use voluntary standards for regulatory and procurement purposes when appropriate. State and local governments and agencies have formally adopted thousands of voluntary standards produced by ANSI, and the process appears to be accelerating.
What is the Water Quality Association’s Gold Seal and what does it mean to consumers?
* The WQA Gold Seal is awarded only to products that have passed laboratory tests, literature review, materials assessment, and have been submitted to periodic audits according to ANSI NSF Standards (NSF stands for the National Sanitation Foundation, a standards writing body the conforms with ANSI standards.)
What do the WQA seals mean?
* Each technology is tested according to a different standard. Look at the seal to see which standard the product was tested for. (See the picture of the seal with the references to the different standards)
* To avoid confusion here are the basic standards with some clarifying notes:
Standard 42 Drinking Water Treatment Units Aesthetic Effects. These products are certified only for taste or odor or staining. No health claims have been certified for products tested according to this standard.
Standard 44 Cation exchange water softeners. These products are certified for the removal of hardness (calcium). Some manufacturers have also had their softeners certified for the removal of barium and radium.
Standard 53 Drinking Water Treatment Units Health Effects. These products are certified for the removal of specific health contaminants. Look for the manufacturer’s listing of the contaminants that were tested. Certified contaminant removal claims can only be made for the listed contaminants on the literature.
Standard 55 Ultraviolet Microbiological Water Treatment Systems
Standard 58 Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment Systems
Standard 61 Drinking Water Treatment Components Health Effects. This standard insures that the product itself does not impart health contaminants to the drinking water that comes in contact with it. The other standards all require this kind of testing as part of their certification. These are 42, 44, 53, 55, 58, and 62. Standard 61 testing does not include any performance testing.
Standard 62 Drinking Water Distillation Systems
Standard 171 Shower Filtration Systems Aesthetic Effects
A full listing of all products that have been certified by WQA can be found on the WQA web site – www.WQA.org.
All artwork, images and logos are copyright of Galway Water.
galway water news
20/01/13 Posted by: editor
Category: General News
WQA Professional Certs.
05/01/13 Posted by: editor
Category: General News
Volumetric water softeners.
13/12/12 Posted by: editor
Category: General News
Undersized water softeners
11/12/12 Posted by: editor
Category: General News
Bad selling practices.
10/12/11 Posted by: editor
Category: General News
Water nonsense decoded.
01/12/11 Posted by: editor
Category: General News
Group water and well water
19/04/10 Posted by: editor
Category: General News
Graff rainwater tanks.
14/12/09 Posted by: editor
Category: General News
The bottled water swindle.
26/07/08 Posted by: editor
Category: General News
02/07/07 Posted by: admin
Category: Website News
Our new website www.GalwayWater.ie was launched today......